Sunday 1 January 2012

Gundam...Im back!!!The Beginning of a New project...

Happy New year everyone!!!How is everyone?I'm sorry for not updating my blog,i just didn't have any new contents to share with you guys.But fear not,this new project that i am working on marks a new start for my gunpla hobby.As you guys may know i was in a slump and didnt really have the motivation to continue building models.But after entering the gunpla competition that was held in November,my passion for gunpla was somehow reignited.Even though i've only gotten merit for the open category i feel that i was really lucky to even get that because there were so many amazing entries there.It was a really awesome experience.

My epyon project will be pushed back for a while,as i am currently building a MG Kampfer for a group build that i have entered.This time i wanted to try something rather new to me and that is to create a "dirty" look for the model,which means I will emphasize more on weathering and less on modding.I have only tried weathering techniques once on my unicorn gundam and i like it a lot,but i hope this time i will be able to make the kampfer even better.

For the past few days,i've been putting this model together and priming it.There are a few problems that i have encountered while building this.As you all know,kampfer is a rather old model and old models tend to have more slim lines,which means more sanding.Also the parts separation are not as good as the newer models,that means more masking is needed or you can mod them so that after cementing you can still separate them for painting.It also have some mobility issues(especially the big legs),which makes it hard to pose and very limited.


I'm no expert in reviewing models,these are just my thoughts while building it.But people who are just starting out gunpla should consider these before buying it,a newer model will be an easier build.However,every model have its own problems,solving these are also what make building models so fun.The design is still top notch and the look of this kit is just awesome.I hope my skill will be able to complement this amazing model.

For next week i will be adding damages to it.I'm very eager to use some of the weapons that i have found from some of my old models to enhance the damage look.

No comments:

Post a Comment